I have plantar fascitis and I want to know how effective are ankle braces to treat it?

Plantar fasciitis. An ankle brace would not be a good form and treatment for plantar fasciitis. The only type of brace that will help plantar fasciitis is called a dorsal night splint.
Not really. Ankle braces can help restrict motion at the ankle joint. It is not designed to treat plantar fasciitis.
Orthotics. There are many treatments for the acute pain of pplantar fasciitis, however, without a custom foot orthotic, the pain will return. An ankle brace will do nothing for this condition.