What can be causing a painful breast lump and hand/arm pain?

Coincidental? It is unlikely that you have one process responsible for both of your symptoms. Pain in your arm&hand should not be caused by a breast lump unless there is (significant) swelling in the armpit, as well. Regardless, any new breast lump warrants physician evaluation. It would be best if you saw your primary care doctor or gynecologist.
See a MD NOW! Breast cancer can be a serious cause and needs to be ruled in or out immediately.