I suffer with plantar fasciitis. What can I do to alleviate the symptoms?

Treatment options. Begin with rest, ice massage, otc anti-inflammatories, & stretching the foot/ heel throughout the day. Make sure you are wearing shoes with an appropriate amount of support... Consider shoe inserts (arch support), and wearing night splints... Prp or steriod injections may be considered after the above options. For more information please see http://drmarkgalland. Com/what-is-plantar-fasciitis/.
Stretch your calves. The singular cause of pf is that your calves are too tight, which creeps up on us as we age. Stretch your calves and your recurrent pf will go away. All the other treatments, such as orthotics, injections, rest, ice, night splints, immobilization, etc. Might make it feel better, but they do not address the cause.
Stretching... The initial therapy for plantar fasciits involves stretching. I would seek the attention of an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon to get a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan. You can find one in your area at aofas. Org.
NEED FOR SUPPORT! Most shoes aren't that bad, usually it's the crummy insoles they come with! There are many possible reasons (plantar fascitis leaps to mind) that you may have pain in the heels, but try arch supports like spenco polysorb or total support! (http://www. Spenco. Com/products/footcare/poly-sorb) and otc anti-inflammatories (like aleve). If these don't help, see a podiatrist.
DON'T stretch the PF. Plantar fasciitis tip: do not stretch the plantar fascia itself. Focus on calf stretching, not the fascia. Pulling the foot and toes back repetitively may actually exacerbate the injury and/or inflammation in your plantar fascia. The pf is like a rubber band. If you repetitively stretch it, then it will lose its "elasticity" and ability to function. Here is a picture of what not to do.
Plantar Fascitis. Can be very painful, start stretching the foot toward the leg as much as possible and get some otc nsaids. Ice it and rest. Get to specialist for possible injection and orthotics.