Can a scaphoid fracture not show up on X-ray 6 days after the injury?

May not see fracture. Scaphoid fractures can be missed on regular x-rays within the first few weeks of the injury, and can also be missed on regular x-rays if dedicated views of the scaphoid are not obtained. If worried about the possibility of a scaphoid fracture, keep the wrist splinted for several weeks and then repeat dedicated x-rays. An MRI can also be used immediately to see non displaced scaphoid fractures.
It depends... Yes...But traditionally waiting for 10-14 days after the injury has the best chance of seeing 'hairline' fractures of the scaphoid.