How well will my one kidney be able to support my body if I donate my other kidney to someone else?

In brief: Very Well
Among adult living kidney donors under age 60, the remaining kidney will hypertrophy (enlarge) and you will have about 60-70% of of overall kidney function before the donation.
The survival and rate of kidney failure in actual donors age matched to the general population is actually better. That is because they are screened for diseases and in good shape when they donate.

In brief: Very Well
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Richard Sarle
Recently we have begun to focus more on the health of the donor and many people who would have been donors previously are rejected if they are not healthy enough
In brief: Very Well.
Living kidney donors go through a battery of tests to make sure that they can live a normal life with one kidney before they are allowed to donate.
The average kidney donor lives longer than the average person because kidney donors usually start out healthier than the average person.

In brief: Very Well.
Dr. Barry Browne
Dr. Barry Browne
Dr. Arnon Rubin