Why do I feel a weird fleshy thing in my mouth after wisdom teeth extraction?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Granulation tissue

Granulation tissue is the pink, fleshy type tissue that replaces a blood clot in extraction sockets.
It grows from the base of a socket and fills the hole where the tooth was to protect the underlying new bone growth. Do not play or remove this tissue - it is a good thing and helps to keep you painfree while the healing is taking place.

In brief: Granulation tissue

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dentistry

In brief: See below

That "fleshy thing" is probably some gum tissue that is overgrown at the extraction site.
If sutures were placed, some of them could have loosened causing the tissue to notstay together. Best to go back to your doctor.

In brief: See below

Dr. Victor Zeines
Dr. Victor Zeines