Describe to me what ductal carcinoma cancer is?

Breast cancer. Ductal carcinoma in-situ is the earliest stage of a breast cancer. It is also referred to as dcis or non-invasive breast cancer. Dcis is when the cancer cells are growing within the breast ducts. At this stage, it is usually not palpable on physical examination. It is usually discovered where there are abnormal microcalcifications seen on a mammogram.
See below. Ductal carcinoma is the most common form of breast cancer. It forms in the milk ducts of the breast. It can be non-invasive (in situ), or an invasive ductal carcinoma. Usually needs lumpectomy surgery and maybe sentinel lymph node surgery if the cancer is an invasive type. Will be tested for hormone receptors, size of tumor, etc.