What do I do when there is no obvious cause to my heel pain? What ways can I check to diagnose my pain?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: See a podiatrist

Who will find the obvious cause that is why they are foot specialists.
A podiatrist can evaluate your foot, take your history, and if need be take an x-ray or ultrasound to help make the diagnosis.

In brief: See a podiatrist

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated

Heel pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes also called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present.
Heel pain may also be due to other causes, such as, diabetic neuropathy, infection, tendonitis, arthritis, stress fracture, nerve irritation, retained foreign body, bone tumor, or a cyst. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Find the cause...

Heel pain can result from a number of different reasons.
Sometimes these reasons are hard to pinpoint and need an expert for diagnosis. Possibilities range from plantar fasciitis to stress fractures of your heel bone. I would seek the attention of an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. One in your area can be found at www.Aofas.Org.

In brief: Find the cause...

Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Marsha Davis