How long would I have to wait to donate part of my liver to a family member?

In brief: Several weeks
You would first have to undergo a thorough medical evaluation to be sure that you were healthy and could safely tolerate the surgery.
This would include a history and physical examination, blood tests, and imaging studies of your abdomen. The process could take several weeks.

In brief: Several weeks
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner
In brief: As soon as possible
If you want to donate your liver , speak to the transplantation team, they immediately asses you, you health condition, are you free from contagious diseases including hiv, hepatitis, cancers , when you met all required criteria, explain to you all the risks after suitable tissue cross match, you will be prepared as a donor to take part of your liver for transplanting to your family member.

In brief: As soon as possible
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery