I have trigger finger. Why does my finger loosen when they are used?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Tendon

Tendon irritation causes the finger to catch.
As you move it supplies some traction on the tendon and the swelling goes down a little. As it elongates ( at least i think so) for whatver reason as you move it feels better in the beginning especially the morning after a night of stiffness.

In brief: Tendon

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Reduce adhesion

The active flextend/restore trigger finger stretches and exercises can help reduce the adhesion by breaking down the scar-tissue and thinning the tendon, allowing it to move freely through the pulley system without the locking and associated pain.

In brief: Reduce adhesion

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied