Is losing blood from your mouth from wisdom teeth extraction the same as losing blood from anywhere else in the body?

In brief: Yes and no

Loosing blood from an extraqction can be monitored and stopped with pressure.
Internal bleeding can go unnoticed and can be life threatening. I am not sure what information you are looking for in your question. Hope this info helps.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

Your body suffered trauma during an extraction -and bleeding is a normal healing process.
It is the same blood that you would see if you had surgery to have your tonsils or appendix removed. The body works quickly to form a clot so you don't have to worry about losing too much blood like you might during an accidental injury.

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: Control bleeding.

Slight bleeding normal.
But if you have bleeding from extraction site that does not appear to be stopping, moisten a regular tea bag (like lipton, not green or herbal tea) and hold it on the site for 10 - 15 minutes. Typically the tea bag will cause the bleeding to stop. While this is occurring, have someone call the dentist or oral surgeon to see if they need to see you.

In brief: Control bleeding.

Slight bleeding normal.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Not really...

I would expect the amount of blood to be minimal.
If bleeding persists for a few days please contact your surgeon.

In brief: Not really...

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care