Going to be an organ donor. What can I donate if my family wants to have an open casket in the future?

In brief: Almost everything
Nearly everything can be safely donated without compromising an "open casket" funeral.
This should be discussed between the organ procurement counselors and the family before proceeding with donation.

In brief: Almost everything
Dr. Barry Browne
Dr. Barry Browne
In brief: Most organs
With the possible exception of a rare face transplant, virtually all other organs and tissues can be donated, and still have an open casket funeral.
I have been told that face donors have a mold replacing the face at the time of donation, but that may be a personal or family decision at the time.

In brief: Most organs
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: All organs - thanks!
Organ donation is accomplished through an incision in the abdomen and chest.
There is no problem with an open casket. Thank you for the generosity of your thought for others.

In brief: All organs - thanks!
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Arnon Rubin