Is it unusual for heart transplant patients to have seizures for transplant?

Possible. Not unheard of, but seizures can be caused by many things including prior brain function and certain medications. The list is long, and it is not necessarily related to the heart transplant.
Yes. During heart transplantation, patients are on bypass pumps for several hours and are vulnerable to significant hypoperfusion and hypoxia.46, 47 grigg et al. Reported seizures in 15% of consecutive orthotopic heart transplant recipients.