I had cancerous calcification on my right breasts. I also had a lumpectomy and radiation, but why is the cancer coming back?

We Wish We Knew. There is nothing more frustrating than cancer recurrence, especially when one is given a "clean bill of health" after treatment. Unfortunately, some breast cancers can recur--if its in the breast alone, a mastectomy may be necessary; if its elsewhere in the body, this requires chemotherapy. If you are unclear about this, please discuss at length with your cancer doctor. Good luck!
Many reasons. Eveniin expert hands, cancer recurs in the same breast in 6-10% of women after a lumpectomy with radiation. It is usually in the same spot, but may be a separate cancer in another part of the breast (much less common). Recurrence is higher if you are young, have an aggressive tumor (triple negative), have a large tumor, did not receive chemo or endocrine therapy, or if margins were positive.