My 6mth old seems to be teething(gums red& swollen) I have tried cool teethers, orajel, and tylenol (acetaminophen). What can I do to alleviate those symptoms?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Avoid Orajel

The fda has recalled orajel due to deadly side effects in some infants.
Roll a clean wet washcloth and place it in the freezer for a couple hours, then offer to the baby to gnaw on. The cool will sooth the gums and will clean the mouth at the same time.

In brief: Avoid Orajel

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Jason Clark
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Palliative care

It sounds like you have been working hard and doing everything correct.
Make sure to encourage fluids and just support your child as best you can until he or she gets past teething. I would stay away from orajel, it only last for a few minutes and you have to keep putting more on. Tylenol (acetaminophen) will work better and last longer.

In brief: Palliative care

Dr. Jason Clark
Dr. Jason Clark

In brief: Natural

As a parent of 2, myself, it's tough.
In addition to what you already attempted. You may want to try wetting a small cloth, squeezing the water out, and freezing it. They may find releif in biting the soft, frozen, cloth. Unfortunately, this is something time will heal.

In brief: Natural

As a parent of 2, myself, it's tough.
Dr. ILAN ABRAMOWITZ
Dr. ILAN ABRAMOWITZ
Dr. Jonathan Jassey