Can someone over the age of 70 get a lung transplant?

In 2011 there were about 1800 lung transplants done in the us and about 480 of these were done in recipients over the age of 65.
The overall condition of the recipient and their cause of lung failure will be more important factors than chronological age alone.

Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

There are a number of transplant centers in the United States that will perform lung transplant in patients greater than 70 years of age.
I personally have had a number of 75 year olds transplanted at certain centers in the northeast or florida. Calling around to these centers will help identify where to go.

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone