Is it possible the doctor is wrong about my baby's sex?

In brief: Depends

Features of gender are fully developed by 12 weeks but few are ever confident predicting sex by ultrasound before 18-20 weeks.
The equipment used and skill of the examiner are variables.Male parts may or may not be displayed during the exam, so at best it is a learned guess. I don't paint the nursery based on an ultrasound.There are also rare conditions where sex is not easy to assign even at birth

In brief: Depends

In brief: Is the baby born?

If your child's is born and you have concerns, make sure they are addressed.
You can ask for a "karotype" which will give you a definitive answer. If unborn, then wait for the surprise at birth

In brief: Is the baby born?

Dr. Eric Umbreit
Dr. Eric Umbreit
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Absolutely

Short of dna testing, there is plenty of room for error on predicting the sex of a baby using ultrasound.
Operator error, interprtation error, the anatomy of the baby and other factor can contribute to a false identificaion of the sex of a baby. It is what it is however and in the end, we find out and nothng we are going to do about it.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Jane Van Dis