My wisdom teeth are coming out and my mouth is sore and swollen. What are some ways to alleviate the symptoms and what can I do?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Tips for pain

Apply an ice pack to the side of your face for twenty minutes.
If no relief, try moist heat. Take an over the counter pain medicine such as ibuprophen or tylenol (acetaminophen). Drink cold drinks or slushees. Try spraying sore throat spray on the tender tissue. If no relief in two days, see your denitst as you may need to have these teeth extracted.

In brief: Tips for pain

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams

In brief: See your dentist

A visit to your dentist will determine if those teeth need to be extracted.
In the meantime, take some otc pain meds to alleviate your symptoms. Feel better soon!

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. William Forsythe