My feet are swollen and I am having difficulty walking on them due to acute pain. What can I do to alleviate the symptoms?

Get diagnosed first. There are a number of things that can cause pain in the feet. This is a very nonspecific symptom. I recommend that someone with pain in these areas should be seen by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon for a definitive diagnosis so that appropriate treatment can be started. You can find one in your area at www.Aofas.Org.