How painful is a root canal and how long does it take to heal?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry
In brief: RCT Pain
In the vast majority of cases there is no pain during root canal therapy as you will be given a local anesthetic to completely numb the area.
Most of my patients experience little or no discomfort following rct although occasionally there is mild to moderate discomfort, especially to biting pressure, for a day or two at most and is easily handled with mild to moderate otc pain medication.

In brief: RCT Pain
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Ronald Achong
I agree with that 100%.
Dr. Keith Grimm
Dentistry
In brief: Not bad
Provided your dentist achieves good anesthesia, you should feel nothing during the procedure.
It can be normal to have a little soreness for a day or two afterwards, but not bad.

In brief: Not bad
Dr. Keith Grimm
Dr. Keith Grimm