My 13 month old daughter has the beginning of tooth sprouting from her palate. What is happening?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Part of molar tooth

13 months is the perfect time for the first dental visit.
Baby teeth erupting from the palate is not common with baby teeth. Sometimes the back molars can look like they are erupting from the palate because you only see part of the tooth or cusp coming in first. A dentist can easily check this for you.

In brief: Part of molar tooth

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Thomas Heston
Getting in the habit of regular dental visits will pay off for your child.
Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dentistry

In brief: Tooth in Palate

If your 13 month old has a tooth erupting in the palate as you describe, that may present unwelcome problems.
I suggest that you visit a pediatric dentist for a proper diagnosis. It may be possible to have an early orthodontic appliance inserted which may guide the tooth as it erupts.

In brief: Tooth in Palate

Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dr. David Schleimer
True, but I would never put an appliance in a 13 month old, unless obturation for cleft palate necessitated it.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: Second molar erupts

This probably is a second molar eruption.
There is no alarm though the tissue may be tender during the erupting process.

In brief: Second molar erupts

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Jonathan Jassey