What is the chance of getting infected with dengue fever in the middle of april until may 8th at the bvi's?

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: In tropical areas,

Like bvis, where the dengue virus exists with its vector the females aedes mosquito, dengue is transmitted and there is currently an outbreak there.
The incidence will change based on rainfall which when there is standing water, there is more mosquito reproduction. Aedes feeds during the day, unlike the malaria mosquito anopheles which is a night feeder.

In brief: In tropical areas,

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: See below

I am not sure that seasonality makes a big diffence as it is seen in tropical and subtropical areas.
Clothing, mosquito repellent, and netting can help reduce exposure to mosquitoes. Traveling during periods of minimal mosquito activity can also be helpful. It is seen mainly in africa, southeast asia, and central america.

In brief: See below

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Steven Seres