Is it okay for someone with natural congenital nystagmus get lasik surgery?

Yes. If you have a significant prescription and have good potential vision, lasik can be consider if all else is normal.
Usually not. There is some extra risk due to the movement of the eye under the laser during the lasik. There are no good studies that can tell us that it is safe, even though the modern lasers have tracking mechanisms. Some of these patients are good candidates for lens-based surgeries, such as the icl. More info: http://www.2020vision.Com/procedures_icl.Html.