Invisalign is the retainer braces. How much longer does invisalign take than regular braces?

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Shorter

In my experience, invisalign takes less time and is much more controlled than conventional braces.

In brief: Shorter

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Depends

Invisalign and braces are both good at what they do.
Depending upon the case, either could be faster or slower. The doctors experience level factors in as well.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Not much difference

Invisalign and traditional braces treatment take about the same length of time.
The differences, however, have.To do with quality of treatment, not length of time in treatment. Braces can yield up to 95% improvement. Invisalign averages 41% improvement, and is usually more costly than braces. Additionally braces treatment can resolve more complex problems. See a qualified orthodontist.

In brief: Not much difference

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: It varies

But typically about 10-20% longer.

In brief: It varies

But typically about 10-20% longer.
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Varies

The duration of orthodontic treatment with either clear aligners or different types of braces are extremely variable dependent upon your individual needs.
The only way to determine an estimated length of treatment is to make an appointment with an orthodontic specialist.

In brief: Varies

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry

In brief: Shorter

Invisalign is much more efficient and precise in terms of tooth movements.
Excellent results can be achieved with invisalign treatment without the added risk of periodontal disease, tooth decay and appearance!

In brief: Shorter

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: I disagree.

General dentists who do invisalign rx have lower expectations than orthodontic specialists, probably because they have weeks of specialty education compared to years of specialty education.
. They often see a case as 'finished' that would not compare well to traditional treatment results. You only see what you know.

In brief: I disagree.

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: It varies...

Most invisalign cases are about 1 year. When compared to traditional braces, invisalign takes a shorter period of time in most cases.
I find that I do many revisions as my expectations for a finished result are high. The standard results which invisalign delivers without advanced bite equilibration training can be disappointing. A revision at the end of the case is worth the extra time.

In brief: It varies...

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. William Forsythe