I'm going to the eye doctor for contacts. What will be my experience with the optometrist?

Dr. Keshav Narain
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Hopefully positive.

Optometrists are expert in the prescribing of contact lenses.
You will likely be prescribed soft lenses and taught later how to use and care for contact lenses. Good luck.

In brief: Hopefully positive.

Dr. Keshav Narain
Dr. Keshav Narain
Dr. Sheron Marshall
Ophthalmology

In brief: Good!

The optometrist should perform a comprehensive eye examination.
Please discuss your vision goals with the optometrist--do you want to see well far away with contacts, or is it important for you to minimize your need for glasses up close, by trying multifocal or monovision contacts. They will teach you how to care for your contacts and give you some trials.

In brief: Good!

Dr. Sheron Marshall
Dr. Sheron Marshall
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine