I have been on fluxotine for about a month and have major changes happen in my life recently can this cause depression to worsen?

Dr. Robert Stewart
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Major life changes

Could cause depression to worsen whether or not you are taking an antidepressant.
To treat depression effectively, it's important to learn coping skills & change dysfunctional thinking & behaviors whether or not you are on medication.

In brief: Major life changes

Dr. Robert Stewart
Dr. Robert Stewart
Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: May be not

Depression/mood disorders are multifactorial brain based psychiatric disorders.
That means one is genetically predisposed but environmental stimuli or stressors do play a role in triggering it or perpetuating it. As long as you are on effective medications chances that its going to get worse are low. Keep in touch with your psychiatrist and discuss life happenings in therapy.

In brief: May be not

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus