What should I do if my total knee replacement of 2 1/2 years begins to make "clicking " & "popping " sounds?

See your surgeon. Clicking in knee replacements is very common as the parts are metal and plastic (polyethylene). Popping may indicate some swelling or fluid build up in the knee. You should see your knee surgeon or knee replacement specialist to have it evaluated.
See your surgeon. As an artifical device some clicking can be normal, especially in certain designs. New onset of clicking or popping can be a sign of laxity or "patella clunk syndrome". Patella cluck syndrome occurs when scar tissue develops around the patella and gets caught between the patella and femoral components when the knee flexes. It is not harmful but can be annoying and removed with surgery.
If painful get seen. Non painful clicking and popping sounds are not worrisome. It can be common to hear clicks. If you are having pain with these sounds call your surgeon and get a checkup. Scar tissue can develop and be the cause of the pain. Arthroscopy to improve the symptoms by trimming out the scar tissue is possible and this is an outpatient procedure with two small incisions.