Vitamin d level 11. Started 5000 units 5 days ago and have metallic taste. I would doubt toxicity after 5 days, any ideas?

Doubt it's the D. You can try a different brand or cutting the dose down to see if it makes a difference, but the metallic taste is probably unrelated to the vitamin d supplement. You are definitely not toxic yet. It's quite unlikely you would ever become toxic on 5, 000 units a day, but definitely not in 5 days. If you've misread the dose and are actually taking 50, 000 units, that's another story - check bottle.
Reduce dose. Reduce dose of vit d to 2000 units per day. Add some vitamin a to go with it. Better done through diet than pills.