Six weeks ago I had a total knee replacement. At this point, what degree or motion should my knee be bending at?

Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: 90 degrees or more

Can vary with each patient.

In brief: 90 degrees or more

Can vary with each patient.
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Around 90º-110º

We tell patients based on the worlds literature that your preop motion is the best predictor of your final postop motion.
For most people that have "average motion" we tell them that we want them to get full extension and at least 110º of flexion at the final result. Good knees flex between 110º and 130º. The majority of this should be by 6-12 weeks but some improve for much longer.

In brief: Around 90º-110º

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 50 to 60%

Knee replacement sheal about 8 to 10% per week, so at 6 weeks you should be 50 to 60% healed.
The best predictor of final range of motion is your original preoperative range of motion.

In brief: 50 to 60%

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Marsha Davis