Is it more fatal to have two morphological types of leukemia (m4&m3)?

Dr. Darrell Herrington

In brief: Each case is unique

This is obviously a serious condition, and your oncologist will examine all available treatment options and assess the patient's risk factors and response to therapy.
Discuss this with him or her.

In brief: Each case is unique

Discuss this with him or her.
Dr. Darrell Herrington
Dr. Darrell Herrington
Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Wow...

I have never heard of simultaneous m3 (acute promyelocytic leukemia) and m4 (acute myelomonocytic leukemia)! some m3's may have monocytic morphology (variant m3).
The only other possible scenario i can think of is m3 treated with chemotherapy and then followed after years by therapy-related m4, but then they wouldn't be concomitant. Theoretically, 2 cancers are worse than 1, but i doubt it...

In brief: Wow...

Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Arnon Rubin