I have a 10 yr old son who has had constipation issues for about 4 years, his pediatrician suggest miralax (polyethylene glycol) but no matter what I mix it with he will not drink it. What can I give him as an alternative?

Constipation. Constipation is a common problem in children and it is very critical to treat as it can leads to a lot of medical issues including abd. Pain, anal fissure, nocturnal enuresis, mega colon and intestinal obstruction in severe cases. The best treatment is to avoid dry food, add fibers to the diet, increase water intake, advise to have daily toilet visit, and exercise and then laxatives.
Constipation treat. You can mix it in water n stir it exactly for one min he won't notice it . You can mix MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) in anything except milk or carbonated beverages . The benefit of MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) is that it's not habit forming or it doesn't get absorb in the body . If you need alternative you can ask your doctor to give you lactulose prescription but keep in mind it's very sweet and can develop taste fatigue very quickly.
Constipation. Miralaax comes as powder, you can mix it in his milk or juice or food and give him.