If i bleed after ovulation can I still conceive?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

Spotting or bleeding can occur mid-cycle around the time of ovulation, when estrogen hormone levels drop.
Progesterone hormone 'kicks in' to stop the bleeding. If the spotting continues, or your last period wasn't 'normal' take a pregnancy test to make sure it isn't early pregnancy bleeding. Polyps or fibroids can cause abnormal bleeding: see a fertility specialist (rei) if ttc without success.

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

You can conceive even with mid-cycle bleeding.
I agree that the bleeding is caused by the drop in estrogen that occurs with ovulation. Not everyone has bleeding but the endometrium can still support embryo implantation. The bleeding could be from other causes, so persistent bleeding should be checked. Best wishes.

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl