Is it possible for my husband to "catch" the baby?

You need to ask your delivering doctor or midwife about this.
Most would be ok with it if it were discussed ahead of time, and if everything were going fine with the delivery. Some hospitals may have policies about this.

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Talk to MD

My feeling is that they will say no.
A obstetrician or midwife is probably going to want to make sure that the baby is delivered as safely as possible, and with respect to your husband, that probably means without his help.

In brief: Talk to MD

My feeling is that they will say no.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Nahh.. we let medical students do it and they know very little.. husbands can do just as well. We usually deliver the head which is the only part that requires any real knowledge, then let the husband do the rest. Remember that gravity will deliver most babies with no help at all.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey