Is a month enough time to do knee rehab for a knee replacement?

Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: NO

After knee replacement surgery, you typically have 4 weeks to work on the motion of your new knee.
I recommend my patients focus on rom for 4 weeks after surgery to optimize their results and give their new knees the best chance of a 'normal' range of motion. Following a knee replacement, my patients have one year to get fully better. Issues along the way are dealt with individually.

In brief: NO

Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends.

Recovery takes @10% per week, so at a month most people would be about 50% better. With therapy, its not much time you put in, but whether you've reached your goals for recovery.
Your goals are motion from full extension to 110 - 120 degrees of motion, minimal pain and swelling, a healed incision, and unassisted ambulation without a limp.

In brief: It depends.

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Rehab total knee

Full maturation period for a total knee is 12-18 months.
This is to achieve final full motion & strength & the fluid motion you will have for many years to come. Most people will participate in 6-12 weeks of formal pt. However, somewhere between 4-12 weeks, people generally stop their formal therapy and continue there lifelong maintenance exercise program. Best outcomes require regular exercise.

In brief: Rehab total knee

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Andrea Brand