If I tripped and twisted my knee and heard a loud popping sound, does that mean I tore my pcl?

Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Possibly

Assuming that the knee swelled as well, usually that scenario suggests either a meniscus tear or a ligament injury.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

It is unlikely that the PCL would tear with a minor tripping episode.
It is usually torn with a hyperextension injury or with a direct blow or fall on a flexed knee. The important thing is whether or not your not your knee is still symptomatic. If its been a few weeks and the knee is still feeling loose or unstable, you should probably have it checked out by a trained professsional.

In brief: No

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Arnon Rubin