I am sick with cold like symptoms. I noticed a bump under the skin in my groin area. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Get it checked out

Feeling sick with lump in groin is concerning for HIV or bacterial infection with klebsiella granulomatis is possible, often starts as small, painless nodules appearing after 10–40 days following contact with the bacteria.
Later the nodules burst, creating open, fleshy, oozing, and infection continues to destroy the tissue until treated. Not to scare u, but should consult doc for eval. Good luck.

In brief: Get it checked out

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis