My daugher 5 yrs has had a fever plus congestion for one week feverl comes and goes highest has been 103 but not avobe that we get her to 20 hours fever free and then it comes back she has been to doctor two times and he says it is viral I am freaking out

Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: See below

From brief description it is likely to be viral.
The flu is currently active. . It is important to keep her well hydrated and control the fever. She should behave relatively normal when the fever is gone. If not or fever still present at 10 days from onset or appears to have difficulty breathing she should be reevaluated by her doctor.

In brief: See below

Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: See below

I'm not 2nd guessing your doctor or your feelings, but in your doctor's defense, fever in a 5 yo to max of 103 by itself is not bad, if going on for 7 days, that is cause for evaluation.
Fevers are not a bad thing, fever phobia is. As docs we look at the whole picture, not just the fevers. If your child is lethargic, having resp. Probs, dehydrated, or you truly sense a prob - get her rechecked!

In brief: See below

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Jonathan Jassey