I landed on my knee wrong and it twisted outwards too far, do I have a torn ACL or mcl?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends.

Falling awkwardly can lead to an ACL or mcl tear, but it might not cause any major damage at all.
If your knee is still symptomatic several weeks after an inury, you should probably have it evaluated by a trained prefssional and get an MRI scan to see what's going on.

In brief: It depends.

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Maybe

Your knee needs to be examined by a physician to determine what is damaged or not.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Brian Divelbiss
A physical exam by an orthopedic physician and most likely an MRI will answer your question
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine