I had a knee replacement a year ago and the same knee suddenly got hot and swollen, should I be worried about an infection?

Dr. Scott Russinoff
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
You definitely need to worry about infection! see your surgeon who will probably order some bloodwork and aspirate your knee to have the fluid aspirated.

Dr. Scott Russinoff
Dr. Scott Russinoff
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
Yes you should be worried about an infection.
Acute swelling and pain can also occur from bleeding into the knee. If you are on any anti-coagulants you can bleed into your knee even if there was no specific injury or trauma. Either way you should see an orthopedic surgeon asap. Waiting only allows an infection to become established and harder to treat.

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Jack Hinkle