My 10 year old son was diagnosed with a pineal cyst 3 mys ago. He is having vision, hearing, seizures, and headaches. Why is nuro dr not concerned?

Dr. Richard Simmons
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Not sure

Many of the symptoms you describe would not be caused by a pineal cyst.
These cysts are typically benign and are watched over time to ensure they don't increase in size. The only symptom that could be related to the pineal cyst would be the vison, but there tends to be very specific vision changes related to pineal enlargement. If you're dissatisfied get a 2nd opinion.

In brief: Not sure

Dr. Richard Simmons
Dr. Richard Simmons
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Not the cause

I must assume that the neurologist has been thorough in his evaluation including obtaining a MRI scan of the brain.
The only finding was a benign cyst of the pineal gland. This was an incidental finding of no clinical significance. His symptoms are clearly related to some other cause. Discuss this with your doctor.

In brief: Not the cause

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. Steven Seres