My husband has been on fentanyl 100 mcg for 3 years he wants to get ooes he need to detox at a hospitalf .?

Dr. Yuan Chen
Anesthesiology

In brief: Usually no.

Usually no. Most patients can be weaned off under the direction of a trained doctor on outpatient basis.
This usually takes several weeks to months. Rapid detox needs to be done inpatient.

In brief: Usually no.

Dr. Yuan Chen
Dr. Yuan Chen
Dr. Mark Newman
Anesthesiology

In brief: Fentanyl detox

Typically a slow fentanyl taper would not require hospitalization but would be recommended to be done under close supervision of a physician trained in such matters.
I.E. Such as a pain fellowship trained physician.

In brief: Fentanyl detox

Dr. Mark Newman
Dr. Mark Newman
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Ask your doctor

Your doctor should be able to taper the dosage then switch to a less strong agent and then taper that.
This way you can get off the pain meds slowly and avoid inpatient detox.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Eric Weisman