I sprained my ankle a wk and half ago the swelling was down and no pain today i wake up and it's twice the size along with my leg should I be concerne?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Depends on injury

Swelling may last a long time following a an injury.
An x-ray can show if there is an underlying fracture. You may have a soft tissue injury if it is just a sprain and may have damaged the muscle, tendon, or ligaments in the area. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Depends on injury

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Yep

Possible you have a clot in your leg, this is a medical emergency if there is one.
You need to have this checked out asap.

In brief: Yep

You need to have this checked out asap.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

You should see a podiatrist or your primary care physician.
Sudden swelling of the leg after it had already improved from the injury is not typical. A clot in your leg should be ruled out. You may also need to have an xray of your ankle.

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery