How can I begin to do weight training after a hip reconstruction?

Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Slowly
Typically, hip reconstruction refers to hip replacement.
If that is the case, most surgeons have different protocols on weight bearing and resumption of different activities. In the first six months, it is possible to over-do things and potentially cause a problem to your implant. My best advice is to check with your surgeon and closely follow those instructions to ensure your best result.

In brief: Slowly
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It depends.
"hip reconstruction" may mean arthoscopic labral repair or fracture repair or hip replacement.
Weight lifting can proceed once healing has occurred, which varies, but probably is on the order of 8-10 weeks.

In brief: It depends.
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine