What can be causing my heels to hurt when i wake up ?

Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: A # of things...

Get examined. This could represent any number of conditions.
I would see an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon to get a diagnosis and start treatment. To find one in your area go to: www.Aofas.Org.

In brief: A # of things...

Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: Plantar fasciitis.

The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis: an inflammation of a thick band of tissue that helps hold up the arch of your foot.
It attaches to your heel bone, and is usually the most painful during the first few steps in the morning, or after sitting a long time and then standing quickly. Check with your podiatrist to rule out nerve damage, stress fracture, or other bony problems.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis.

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Andrea Brand