What are ways to get rid of halitosis?

Determine the cause. Then start care. Your halitosis may be coming from periodontal problems, cavities, infections, or acid reflux. Once the cause is determined then treatment can be instituted.
Multiple Answers. First find the cause and deal with that directly. Typically, bad breath stems from bacteria between teeth, on the tongue and around the gums. Fortunately, this problem is often easy to fix: good oral hygiene (brushing 2x day, flossing & brushing your tongue), regular visits to your dentist (to prevent gum disease), and ruling out any underlying conditions or other factors.
Brush tongue. The first thing to try is don't ignore your tongue. Get yourself a tongue scrapper and use it daily. Your condition may be internal from the lungs or throat, but many people find improvement in their breath if they concentrate on the tongue.