What is the best pain medication to take after having the lower wisdom teeth removed?

Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dentistry

In brief: Ask the dentist

The best medication to take is the medication that was prescribed to you by the person who removed your wisdom teeth.
I like to prescribe Motrin and some form of an Acetaminophen and narcotic as long as the health history doesn't contraindicate. If the medications that were prescribed aren't working call your dentist or oral surgeon.

In brief: Ask the dentist

Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen 400mg 4x/day usually the best.
Often other stronger (narcotic) pain meds are used as needed to supplement this , especially at night. You have had significant surgery, there will be discomfort for 5 - 7 days. If pain (5-6 out of 10) lasts longer than 3-4 days, contact your oral surgeon.

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Vikram Patel