I want a breast lift surgery with no general anesthesia. Can i get that?

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: While I've done

Small breast lifts, like the benelli or "donut" method, that way, with just local anesthesia, i wouldn't recommend it for any of the more extensive breast lift procedures.

In brief: While I've done

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala

In brief: Yes but

Why when it is much easier to have general for you and the surgeon.

In brief: Yes but

Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Ernesto Pretto
Anesthesiology

In brief: Not advisable

If you do not want to risk experiencing pain during the surgical procedure it is best to have a general anesthetic for breast lift surgery.
An alternative would be local anesthesia with moderate to deep sedation, but depends on the extent of surgery performed. Most surgeons would rather you be asleep for the procedure.

In brief: Not advisable

Dr. Ernesto Pretto
Dr. Ernesto Pretto
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibly

This will depend on the surgical technique, patient pain tolerance, surgeon preference, and should be fully discussed prior to surger. However, in my experience, this is best performed under general anesthesia particularly of it requires breast augmentation or implants.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Discuss with MD

The plastic surgeon should be able to do this with local anesthesia and some sedation medications.
General anesthesia is not required.

In brief: Discuss with MD

General anesthesia is not required.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery