What can be causing me to constantly see a bunch of floaters in my vision?

In brief: Floaters

Floaters are always there, we just are usually concentrating on other things and don't notice them. For me, it's usually when i'm lying in bed looking at the ceiling.
.. There's nothing else to see, so i really notice the floaters.

In brief: Floaters

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters!

Floaters are opacities of blurred "pieces" of vitreous (jelly) in the back portion of the eye (the vitreous cavity).
Floaters can also be blood or red blood cells. Floaters are usually a result of the normal aging process of the vitreous. The vitreous detaches (pulls away from the retina, not a retinal detachment), resulting in blurred "pieces" of jelly in the eye floating around.

In brief: Floaters!

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters

Everyone has some floaters, but increase in the number of floaters can be the first sign of a retinal detachment and i recommend a consultation from an eye doctor as quickly as possible.
Until you can be seen, i suggest that you minimize movement and spend as much time lying down as possible. It may be nothing serious, but this should be checked out.

In brief: Floaters

Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden