Does getting radiation, chemotherapy, and a stem cell transplant affect chances of having kids later in life?

Dr. Raja Mudad
Internal Medicine - Oncology

I am not sure of your gender, but for women, usually this leads to cessation of ovulation, that may recover later. For men, sperm count may be significantly reduced, and depending on what chemo agent used, this may be permanent.

Dr. Raja Mudad
Dr. Raja Mudad
Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Yes.

Without knowing the specifics, the regimen you describe most likely would result in infertility.
That being said, men can bank their sperm before treatment, and egg preservation for women is now possible.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Cindy Juster