Spider veins -- what are good solutions?

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Sclerotherapy is usually the best choice.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. Phillip Hertzman
Dr. Phillip Hertzman
Dr. William Forsythe
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Further evaluation

if persistent, worsening, becoming or associated with larger, unsightly or bulging veins, should see a specialist and have further evaluation for possible venous reflux or valve incompetence.
Restless legs, cramping and ankle swelling are more often associated with progressive problems. If just the spider veins, sclerotherapy is typically adequate. Walking is good and sometimes compression socks.

In brief: Further evaluation

Dr. William Forsythe
Dr. William Forsythe
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Spider veins on the legs are best treated by sclerotherapy either liquid or foam. I prefer polidocanol as my treatment of choice.
The limiting factor to treat spider veins is their size. If they are too small for the needle then a topical laser or micro needle radio frequency device may be used. On the face, i apply a similar approach or often a combination of both.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi

In brief: Cosmetic and Plastic

Sclerotherapy is the gold standard for leg veins, then superficial laser for the tiny red veins on the face and the red ones remaining after sclerotherapy.
The new medicines like Asclera and sts don't hurt with the injection sclerotherapy . Need compression stockings after injections 2-3 weeks to minimize side effects. See www.Phlebology.Org for specialist in your area.

In brief: Cosmetic and Plastic

Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison
Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison

In brief: The best

And the gentlest solution is etoxycslerol/polidocanol.
Sclerovein/ asclera, all are the same. I also like glycerol too and dislike the most Hypertonic Saline which is the most painful if not diluted and also could cause local complications such as ulcerations and pigmentations.

In brief: The best

Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

I assume you are talking about leg veins.
In the legs sclerotherapy is the best option but lasers can help. If in other places on the body a laser can work well.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. Lornell Hansen
Dr. Lornell Hansen